You’re in Hot Water with Propane. That’s a Good Thing.
Propane gives you more hot water at a more affordable price. That’s why millions of American homes use propane to heat water for their showers, washing machines, and dishwashers.
- Propane water heaters are up to 30 percent less expensive to operate than electric heaters (American Water Heater Company).
- Propane gas water heaters have a recovery rate nearly twice as fast as electric water heaters (American Water Heater Company).
- Over an average unit’s life span (approx. 10 years), propane gas water heaters can save a five-member household more than $2,300 when compared with a similarly sized electric unit.1
Propane Water Heaters Beat Electric Models.
- Smaller storage space requirements
- More accurate temperature adjustment
- Wider selection of sizes, installation, and venting options
- More durable components and longer-lasting heating elements
Tankless Propane Water Heaters Heat On Demand.
Homeowners spend 10 – 20% of their annual water heating costs just to keep hot the water in their storage tanks. Propane-powered tankless water heaters heat water only when it is needed, thereby reducing annual energy demand for hot water.
- Water is heated instantly, as needed
- Limitless installation options
- Can be used to heat main showers/sinks or to provide extra hot water for large or distant loads (i.e., greenhouse)
Click here for more information from the US Department of Energy about the increased efficiency of on-demand water heaters.
1The above cost examples assume the following energy rates: